After football, tennis is probably the most popular sport in the world of betting. With its momentum, and the fact that events take place all the year round, tennis has established itself as one of the punters’ favourite sports, especially where live betting is concerned.
With tennis, we are not looking at a team sport (except in the case of doubles), but an individual sport, and there is a lengthy list of factors to be taken into account.
In order to place a live bet on a tennis match, you need to be watching the event in real time, researching recent results, any titles won, any recent injuries, tiredness, mental state, performance on the particular surface on which the match will be played, previous matches between the two players involved, and even the weather conditions, as performance can be affected by rain, humidity and high or low temperatures.
Occasionally a result may be influenced by the point in the season when the match takes place: at the start of the season some players may still be working towards their peak form, so that during the first few games, for example, their performance falls short of their usual standard. In addition, when a player takes part in a tournament in which he or she performed really well the previous year, he or she needs to repeat or match that success to avoid falling in the rankings.
BETS ON THE WINNER OR ON THE EXACT RESULT
WITH A HANDICAP OF GAMES OR SETS.
This type of bet involves awarding an advantage to one of the players of a certain number of games or sets, and betting on whether he or she will score more or less than the opponent, once the advantage has been applied.
The scoreline in respect of games: This bet involves guessing whether more or less than a certain number of games will be played.
• Will there be a tie break?
• Which player will serve the greater number of aces?
• Who will win the tournament?
• The length of the match (in minutes).
• Whether the total number of games will be odd or even.
• Which player will be the first to break the serve of the other?
• Will the players win their first serve?
• Who will win the first set?
• The exact score of the sets.
• Who will score the higher number of aces?
• The nationality of the winner.
• The fastest serve in the tournament.
• The number of double faults.
Bets on the score: Bets are available where the punter can win the chosen score.